30 000 participants
L’Apéritif a la Française 2015 was celebrated at the trendy quarter of Daikanyama where Japanese consumers were able to discover and taste the French products available on the 25 booths. This event also gave them the opportunity to learn more about French culture thanks to cooking demonstrations, seminars on French products and lifestyle. Concerts of French music and animations was organized with a “course de garcons” with 48 participants and a cocktail competition in order for Japanese consumers to fully experience French culture. L’Apéritif a la Française lasted through the evening with exceptional parties.
During the month of June, several events related to the Aperitif will be organized in 10 different cities in order to further develop the French tradition of the Aperitif across the country.
Highlights of the 2015 event in Tokyo :
15th May :
- The « rocks & vins » party sponsored by Paul Mas at the Plaza on Daikanyama Hillside, with ambiance by « Mystic Waters »
16th May :
- Apéritif Tour de France : talented chefs share the culinary delights of several French regions – today’s spotlight is on Alsace Loraine, Provence, Normandy, Paris
17th May :
- The very first « Kronenbourg Cup » : running race amongst café waiters starting at 2pm at the Daikanyama Hillside Terrace D
- Apéritif Tour de France : talented chefs share the culinary delights of several French regions – today’s spotlight is on Loire, Bourgogne, Brittany, Aquitaine
All 3 days :
- Apetizer stands animated by pastry chefs, restaurant owners or renown chefs
- Apéro Marché by « Gaspard et Lisa » on Terrace C at the Daikanyama Hillside
- « Collaboration avec les voisins » : in the « Libres Cuisines » section (free cuisines), find restaurants and cake shops that are taking part in the 2015 edition of Apéritif 365 in Tokyo
Sponsors of the 2015 event in Tokyo :
Paul Mas, Pernod Ricard Japan, Firadis, Lejay, Le Cordon Bleu Japan, Boursin, Henaff, President, Edmond Fallot, Bauget-Jouette, Miraval Provence, Picard, Kronenbourg, Il pleut sur la seine, Pierre Oteiza, Solia, Interbev, Jean Roze, Gatine, Rougie, Maison Sales »
Product Manager Hénaff
"We were delighted to have an outdoor stand this year : our turnover almost doubled compared to last year. Of course, if it had rained it would have been a problem but we were lucky. Apparently, overall there were a few less visitors than last year, but we didn’t feel impacted on our stand. With the numerous French and Japanese chefs, and other personalities from the French gastronomical scene in Tokyo, the event was under a very favorable spotlight!"
Domaine Paul Mas
Asia Sales & Marketing Manager
" We are satisfied with the event. The aim for Domaine Paul Mas was to demonstrate to our partners our determination to further penetrate the Japanese market. It was also to gather firsthand feedback regarding our brand Arrogant Frog."
"Thank you for support, the Apéritif à la française 2015 went very well. We participated in hand with our importer, in order to establish the most direct link possible between the producer and the end consumer. Of course it wasn’t that simple, in fact it was difficult most of the time as you would expect in Japan, which is why an event of this type, which brings together so many visitors, is so attractive for me. If the event returns next year, I would be interested in participating, even in other venues or other towns."
The year in pictures